Shanghai Weitao automation equipment Co., Ltd
Contact person: Mr. Lu
Address: 2312 Weiqing East Road, Shanyang Town, Jinshan District, Shanghai
Introduction to flame resistance tester for mattresses and sofas
The flame resistance tester for mattresses and sofas was developed according to BS 5852-2006. It is used to test the combustion reaction of mattresses and sofas when they are ignited.
Widely used in Europe and the United States of America soft furniture flame retardant performance determination, with 0-7 fire source and standard fabric and sponge, etc
During the test, the test rack is covered with standard foam and fabric to be tested. The sample is ignited and the combustion process is detected by a standard ignition device consisting of a control box and a combustion tube.
Ii. According to standards
The instrument is designed in accordance with the standards BS 5852-2006, ISO 8191-1&2:1987, EN 1021-1&2, GB/T 17927.1& 2:2001, BS EN 597-1&2, BS 7175, etc.
3. Test equipment
CSI103 mattress and sofa flammability tester consists of a combustion test device and a control box.
Specimen holder: Placing and fixing specimens.
Two full stainless steel test stands in size (450×300×150)mm and (450× 150)mm, respectively
450×300)mm, heat-resistant wire mesh structure, cross-diagonal mesh size 28mm×6mm.
Combustion tube: Connected to a propane or butane gas, used as a ignition source.
Includes ignition tube and gas hose.
Stainless steel ignition tube: outer diameter (8±0.1)mm, inner diameter (6.5±0.1)mm, length (200±5)
Gas hose: inner diameter (7±1)mm, length (2.5-3.0)m.
Power button: Power control and display.
Timing button: When the sample starts to ignite, press the timing button to start the ignition timing.
When the ignition is over,
Press the timer button again to close the timer.
Timer: Set and display ignition time and buzzer alarm time.
Buzzer: When the sample is ignited, the sound and light alarm of the buzzer will remind you to withdraw the ignition source and end the experiment.
Flow control valve: adjust the gas flow to adjust the flame height.
Gas flowmeter: display the gas flow rate.
Pressure regulating valve: Adjust the gas pressure.
Pressure gauge: Displays gas pressure.
Gas switch: Control the off of gas pipeline.
The interface inlet is connected to the gas pipe through the gas pipeline, and the outlet is connected to the combustion chamber inlet through the gas pipeline.
The power interface is connected to the power supply via the power cord.
The input power is 220V/50 ~ 60Hz.
(Note: Power sockets must be grounded)
I. Sample preparation
1. Materials used as test parts shall be representative of the fabrics, fillers and other components used in the final assembly.
The size of the fabric required for each test is (800±10)mm×(650±10)mm, and the cut length side is parallel to the cloth side.
A triangle incision is made on both sides of the fabric 335mm away from one end of the fabric. The position of the incision is so that all the piles on the fabric can go down along the back of the back after the fabric is installed on the test bench and reach the front end of the chair surface frame through the hinged shaft. The triangular incision base is about 50mm and the height is about 110mm.
If using the interfacing cloth, it can be cut according to the same size and direction of the fabric, so that the interfacing cloth can fit with the sample frame under the fabric.
Two pieces of decorative packing are required for each test. When a small size test rack is used, two fillers, one size and thickness of (450±5)mm×(300±5)mm×(75±2)mm, and the other size and thickness of (450±5)mm×(150±5)mm×(75±2)mm.
If the packing thickness is less than 75mm, a bottom liner can be added to make it reach the required thickness.
Two fillers, one of size and thickness (450±5)mm×(450±5)mm×(75±2)mm, and one of size (450±5)mm×(300±5)mm×(75±2)mm, are used when a large-size test stand is used.
If the packing thickness is less than 75mm, a bottom liner can be added to make it reach the required thickness.
2. Open the sample stand so that the fabric passes through the hinged shaft. If there is an interlining, line it under the fabric;
Place the packing under the fabric, if there is an interfacing, use it to fix the packing into the recess of the frame, and let the interfacing roll of about 20mm be embedded into the inside of the frame.
Bolt the frame at right angles to ensure the packing does not shift.
Clamp the fabric to the four edges of the frame to ensure that the fabric assembly is firm and the tension is even.
Ii. Test operation
1. Cigarette test
1) Generally, a filter free cigarette is used, with a length of about 68mm, a diameter of about 8mm, a mass of about 1g, and a combustion speed of about 12.0±3min/50mm. The self-ignited cigarette ends of 5mm and 55mm are marked respectively.
After ignition, insert the cigarette horizontally into the metal needle at a depth not exceeding 13mm at the ignition end.
Note the time spent on the cigarette from 5mm to 55mm in unblown air.
2) Press the power button on the control box panel to start the control box.
3) Take the standard cigarette conforming to the above requirements, and smoke the air after ignition, so that the cigarette end burns vigorously without flame, but the length of the consumed cigarette does not exceed 8mm.
4) Place the burning cigarette at the intersection of the vertical and horizontal sides of the test piece, so that the cigarette is at least 50mm from the edge or from the marks left by other tests before. Click the timing button to start the timing for 1h.
5) Observe the combustion progress and record the moving smoke combustion or flame combustion on the inner layer and/or fabric.
6) If the furniture assembly is found to be on fire or moving smoke burning within 1h after cigarette is placed, the sample shall be extinguished and shall be recorded as unqualified;
If there is no fire or moving smoke combustion within 1h, or the cigarette cannot be completely burned, then a new cigarette can be lit and placed at a new position above 50mm from the damage of the previous test, and the test shall be repeated;
If the repeated test still does not cause fire or moving smoke combustion, or the cigarette cannot be completely burned out, in addition to the final inspection of those samples that do not pass, the cigarette test can be recorded as qualified;
Conversely, the sample may be extinguished and the result recorded as nonconforming.
7) Final inspection: for the sample that has been reported to have no travelling smoke combustion outside, the component shall be disassembled immediately after the test procedure is completed to check whether there is travelling smoke combustion inside. If there is, the test part shall be extinguished and the test shall be recorded as unqualified;
To ensure safety, all smoke burns must be extinguished before the specimen holder is discontinued.
2. Butane flame test
1) Connect the gas pipeline and power supply as required by the equipment.
Open the ball valve, adjust the pressure and flow control valve, manual ignition.
(Before the experiment, adjust the pressure regulator and flow regulator to the minimum value.)
2) When the flame is lit, adjust the gas pressure to about 2.75kpa and the flame height to 35mm.
3) Press the power button on the panel to start the control box.
4) Move the combustion tube or the combustion tube bracket close to the sample and place the combustion tube on the intersection line between the chair surface and the backrest along the axis, so that the flame is at least 500mm away from the nearest edge or the trace left by other previous tests. Click the timing button to start the ignition, and the ignition time is 20±1s.
5) When the ignition time ends, the buzzer will make an alarm sound, and at the same time, carefully remove the combustion tube from the sample and close the timing button.
6) Observe whether there is flame burning or travelling smoke burning on the inner core and/or fabric, but do not extinguish the flame, smouldering, smoking or smoke burning within 120s after removing the combustion tube;
If flame or moving smoke burning is observed on each decorative component, the test piece shall be extinguished and the test result shall be recorded as unqualified.
7) if found no flaming or travel sex burning smoke, is to do an experiment on new parts, such as the repeated test has not been found or travel with flame combustion smoke burning, is the result of the test record for qualified, except those who failed the final inspection sample, otherwise, the test piece to put out, and the test result is unqualified.
8) Sequence of the end of the test
A) Close the pressure regulating valve of butane tank first.
B) Ignite the blowtorch flame according to the pre-ignition process.
The purpose is to burn up the butane gas from the butane tank to the blowtorch line to prevent the remaining gas from flowing into the laboratory.
C) In the process of combustion tail gas, the flow control valve can be gradually adjusted to enlarge the flow rate so as to exhaust the gas in the pipeline.
After the flame automatically goes out, turn off the power and clean the combustion chamber.
Note: Since air, not butane gas, is stored in the piping from the butane cylinder to the combustion equipment during each ignition, the flame does not start immediately on the first ignition.
More than one ignition (depending on the length of the tube) is needed to direct the butane gas into the combustion tube.
Iii. Packing list
F103 Packing list
Number name quantity packing method
1 Sample frame 1 with equipment
2 Power cord 1 with equipment
3 product certificate 1 with the equipment
4 Operating instructions 1 follow the equipment
4. Frequently asked questions
1. When ignited, there is no flame.
1) Check whether the pressure valve of the gas tank is opened.
2) At the first ignition, the ignition time is longer to empty the air in the pipeline.
Founded in 2011, Shanghai Huitao is a team of experienced engineers and emerging design experts. The company focuses on R & D, design and production of high quality laboratory instruments for textile testing. Headquartered in Shanghai, the company provides high-quality testing instruments and high-quality professional services for companies, academic research institutions and testing institutions of various countries.
Shanghai Huitao continuously launched products to meet the experimental needs of the textile industry. It has advanced microclimate comfort test equipment, such as thermal manikin, thermal and humidity resistance tester, MMT and other test equipment. Meanwhile, it also provides air permeability tester, hydrostatic pressure tester and thermal protective clothing performance test equipment required for new product development. In addition, we have developed and produced many basic textile testing instruments, including washing color fastness tester, fabric abrasion tester, pilling tester, rubbing color fastness tester, ironing fastness tester and perspiration color fastness tester. These high-quality products are widely used in textile testing field. In order to meet the experimental needs of users, we also provide you with innovative and practical testing instruments. The products include fiber tester, yarn tester, fabric tester, carpet tester, geotextile tester and other related testing equipment.
The company sells our products through distributed distribution partners who provide high-quality products, services and support to our customers all over the world. All the products are in line with international quality standards and specifications, and can perform outstanding and accurate product performance.